Art Attack Blog, Week 5, term 3
For art attack my goal was to produce a piece of art related to our local landscape using either paint, water color or pastel.
With Mrs Marsh I learned about foreground, middle ground and background in landscapes.
With Mr Forman I learned about color and complementary colors.
With Mr Rule I looked at the different landscape features of Canterbury and Banks Peninsula.
- I enjoyed using water color to paint my good copy of my landscape.
- I am proud of my final result of my art and my sketching
- I included the Waimakariri, mountains and trees to my art
- I found drawing the easy part and coming up with the idea very tricky
- I used water color wet on wet and wet on dry
- I learnt that red and green, purple and yellow, blue and orange are complementary colors and that there is a background middle ground and a foreground.
- I would like to try pastel if I did another landscape because I want to try to blend the colors a little bit neater and to try to get a different texture in my art
- I would like to get better at showing foreground, mid ground and background a little bit clearer and neater